AN OVERVIEW OF SINGLEMODE OPTICAL FIBRE SPECIFICATIONS.
There are two primary sources of specification of singlemode optical fibre:
• the ITU-T G.65x series;
• IEC 60793-2-50 (published as BS EN 60793-2-50).
At the time of writing 20 different singlemode optical fibre specifications defined by the ITU-T. These are:
• ITU-T G.652.A, .B, .C and .D;
• ITU-T G.653.A and .B;
• ITU-T G.654.A, .B, .C, and .D;
• ITU-T G.655.A, .B, .C, .D and .E;
• ITU-T G.656;
• ITU-T G.657.A1, .A2, .B2 and .B3.
Each type has its own area of application and the evolution of these optical fibre specifications reflects the evolution of transmission system technology from the earliest installation of singlemode optical fibre through to the present day.
Read more to find out …